Saturday, November 19, 2011

One Week!

May 9, 2010


I can't believe it. There are literally seven days separating me and Africa! If only I can get through my two finals I'll be fine. There's so much to do between now and my departure. Getting the last of my medicine, buying a trekking pack to fit ALL of my things in, and eating as many sweet and deliciously bad for you things as one possibly can.
 I came across this bible verse today. It's Isaiah 58:10-11.
"If you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday.
The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."
This verse is perfect for my travels and I'll more than likely be writing it out to keep with me all summer--for strength. Well, like I said...one week!


No comments:

Post a Comment